Dan Caster

Default Old Standby......

I have seen more SB's in production shops than any other brand of
lathes. You might define the shops as maintenance shops as they were
not producing machine parts. One is a shop that produces aluminum
boats. They were all older SB's, maybe 16 inch swing and six foot or
longer bed.

Dan

jim rozen wrote in message

Have to disagree there. While Atlas and Logan may be uncommon in commercial
shops, I've seen quite a few with South Bends.

In a *real* production shop? Not a mantainance facility,
but a place where they actually produce parts for money?

It's really really tough to make any money with old
belt-drive SBs.

Jim

please reply to: