Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.consumers,sci.chem,uk.media.tv.misc
Richard Brooks Richard Brooks is offline

Default Oxygen Bleach

Mike Cawood, HND BIT said the following on 15/02/07 08:26:
Isn't getting kids to experiment with explosive materials somewhat
irresponsible, even in those days?
Regards Mike.

Well, they did also have some pages towards the back with some safer
stuff for school projects such as that stuff that makes loads of ash and
smoke. That of course was for the only experiment I've seen on tv
comedy shows which was the volcano. There must have been whole school
halls full of them!

That and the pellets that make those snakes was all part of the indoor
fireworks pages. The book was also full of chemical equations that
explained what the chemicals were. This was in the Temple Cowley
library in Oxford but that was over thirty five years ago now so it must
be gone by now. :-)

Richard.
--
"This week I have mostly been listening to -
RVW's "A Sea Symphony" and lots of William Alwyn stuff.