Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default where to buy/refill portable propane tanks

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:30:56 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

I refill my own. Most of the supermarkets where I live have locked bins
outside of their stores where you can exchange. I don't know how much it
costs to exchange an empty one for a full one, but they're easy to have
refilled.

Cheri

You actually attach a hose to your empty tank and pump more propane into it?

I used to have that done at a winnebago lot, and repair place. I
didn't want to lose my matching CharmGlo tank. They even refilled it
twice after the date said NO. I even painted the thing so they
wouldn't notice how old it was. But they weren't fooled, and I ended
up going to the supermarket or HD and it is about 15 or 17 dollars for
an exchange.