Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default WHY CONTRACTORS COST WHAT THEY DO

"Shaun Eli" wrote in message
ups.com...
Steve B said:

Last year, I had to pay the big total of $7800 income tax. I drive a
$38k
new Dodge truck, which I was allowed to totally deduct last year as a
business expense. Almost every lunch I eat, all the gas I buy, and
every
meal I eat at a restaurant goes down as a business expense.

Gee, sounds like tax fraud to me.

Are you a tax expert? Where did you get your training? Do you have a
degree? Do you work with the IRS? Are you a tax professional?

Go to the library. Check out the book "101 Ways To Save Money On Your
Income Taxes." All legal. All will survive IRS scrutiny.

There are lots and lots of ways for Joe Six Pack to lessen their tax
obligation, but it involves learning the facts, and educating one's self.
It also involves keeping good records and understanding when there is an
advantage to buy something under the tax structure you fall into.

You posted several items that I wrote about. Which one, in particular do
you take issue with? Perhaps I can quote the proper tax law that pertains
to that issue.

If you want to discuss facts, bring it on.

Gee Willikers!

Steve