Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Any tricks for getting "contractor" discount on supplies

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:52:19 -0800, "Nathan" wrote:

Unless my electrical guide book is wrong, it says that you consider each
outlet as 180 watts and if I recall you are allowed to add 10-12 outlets on
one 15A circuit. Every circuit in my house has around 10 outlets and 2
lights. Wouldn't that be against code if I was to add any more circuits?
Thats why I keep ranting about room to expand.

Depends. Where are you?

To the best of my knowledge, the NEC imposes no such limit.
Assorted city codes and/or the Canadian code might.

Whether you SHOULD add another circut when you're adding
outlets depends mostly on why you're adding the outlets
in the first place. If you're trying to find a place
to plug in a treadmill, I think I'd add a new line. If you're
just trying to move a lamp from one end of the couch to the other,
why bother?