Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.consumers,sci.chem,uk.media.tv.misc
Richard Brooks Richard Brooks is offline

Default Oxygen Bleach

donald haarmann said the following on 14/02/07 16:59:
"Richard Brooks"

| There was a great kids book in the local library that mentioned that
| hydrogen peroxide mixed with manganese dioxide was what powered some
| WWII torpedoes. There was also a small projectile launcher experiment
| using the two same materials on the same page.
|

| Richard.

Manganese dioxide? No. Calcium permanganate was used.

Well, it was an American book which described this, long out of print by
now and wouldn't be allowed on the shelves now.

Richard.

--
"This week I have mostly been listening to -
RVW's "A Sea Symphony" and lots of William Alwyn stuff.