Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Jeffrey Lebowski Jeffrey Lebowski is offline

Default WHY CONTRACTORS COST WHAT THEY DO

"Greg" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:22:10 -0500, "Bob Pietrangelo"
wrote:

Please excuse the rambling nature of my post but please read it all. It
could lead to some good discussion SNIP

This is a very self-serving bunch of information. No customer needs to
know any of it. They have a job to be done, and they can choose
whomever can do it competently, and at the best price. All of your
details are the business of the contractor, and if he can't manage
them, then he goes out of business. That is the nature of business.

My community has several very competent plumbers, electricians and
carpenters who find no need to overcharge. As a result, they get all
the business that they can handle. People know that they will be
charged a fair price, so nobody hesitates to call them. These guys
don't get rich, but they make a very comfortable living. One of them
doesn't even have a yellow-pages listing. The word-of-mouth
recommendations fill his schedule.

...and you can plonk whomever you wish to plonk. Nobody cares who you
plonk.

Plonk!!