Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default WHY CONTRACTORS COST WHAT THEY DO

"Bob_Loblaw" wrote in message
"Bob Pietrangelo" wrote

This was in response to someone complaining about how much a repair
cost (HVAC or Plumbing)..........

major snip.....I welcome any debate about what I have just said.

Good post, Bob.
You made many excellent points.
I used to try to explain many of the same points you made to customers who
questioned my prices...
I now say "How much would YOU charge ME to leave your wife and kids at the
dinner table or the family room, get in your car, drive to MY house, go
into MY basement, and stick your head into MY furnace and fix it??"
--
Respectfully, Bob

How about the people who can't spare the 3 minutes it takes to shop vac 20
years' worth of cobwebs and spider eggs off the pipes they want a plumber to
work on?