Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Help with Jointer Setup

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message

All of my training involved not expecting opposite faces to remain
parallel off the jointer, so I'll agree to disagree.

Maybe my faces are parallel, but since I don't expect them to be, I don't
check.

I'm confused. If you guys aren't getting parallel faces at the jointer
than why do people drop all that dough on those fancy Besseimer TS fences?
I guess I will stick with my $15 delta stock fence. g

Yeah a bit confused. ;~) The fancy Bess fences give us the parallel
surfaces and with a great blade usually a surface that is smoother than what
the typical jointer will leave and the correct width.

Seriously, talk to some one that teaches proper use of a jointer, you may be
enlightened.