Posted to alt.home.repair
beecrofter beecrofter is offline

Default Darkening wood

On Feb 12, 10:04 pm, "news-server.cfl.rr.com"
wrote:
My new fish tank stand and hood finally arrived from China after a 3 month
wait, and although they're beautifully finished, the color is a few shades
lighter than I really wanted. I don't know what kind of wood it's made of -
some Oriental hardwood I suppose - the color is called Natural Cherry and it
looks like a Minwax finish to me. Is there any way to darken the color
without refinishing - hopefully something I could wipe or brush over the
existing finish?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

JustDave

You could scuff sand it a bit and apply a coat of varnish stain