Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default @#$%@ door keeps swinging open

On Feb 13, 8:05 am, "Mike" wrote:
Hello all. The door to my upstairs bathroom likes to swing open
(unless it's fully closed). If I just give the door a slight push to
mostly close it (but not all the way), it swings right back open.
Very annoying. I once heard someone say that you can fix something
like this by slightly bending one of the pins in one of the hinges,
but I cannot recall exactly. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot...

Mike

Yep, take it out, place on a flat hard surface and tap in the middle
with a hammer. Don't go too far but if you do, it can be straightened
out some. Trial and error.

Any other fix requires pulling at least one hinge and shimming or all
hinges (or the door frame) and resetting so the door is level and
plumb.

Harry K