Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default Help with Jointer Setup

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
Take a piece of any stock that "has not" been edge jointed
at all. Run the stock through the jointer "several" times
and then measure with a accurate tool(calipers).

In my opinion, you "will" have taper to some degree. I have
a highly tuned, well adjusted DJ-20 and I know it will taper
a board in a heart beat. It has since the day I got it.

A jointers function is to "face plane" stock and to do some
edge work.

Oh I don't need calipers to see the taper forming. I had one board that I
had to continue to run through several times before it started jointing the
trailing edge of the board. By that point, I could visually tell that I
had taken much more material off the front vs. the rear. I think I'll go
spend some time today fiddling with the outfeed table height and see what I
come up with.
Cheers,
cc