Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] robson@nf.sympatico.ca is offline

Default @#$%@ door keeps swinging open

On Feb 13, 1:05 pm, "Mike" wrote:
Hello all. The door to my upstairs bathroom likes to swing open
(unless it's fully closed). If I just give the door a slight push to
mostly close it (but not all the way), it swings right back open.
Very annoying. I once heard someone say that you can fix something
like this by slightly bending one of the pins in one of the hinges,
but I cannot recall exactly. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot...

Mike

An easier thing to do would be to remove the bottom hinge plate and
using the plate as a template cut peices of paper or light cardboard.
Place theses peices in the chisled slot then the hinge plate back in
place over it. This would help in leveling up the hing plates
eliminating the problem. Put a level on it before you start to
determine what plate you need to work on (top or bottom).