Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pumped sewage

Andrew Mawson wrote:
Anyone any experience of a domestic pumped sewage systems where the
"effluent" is pumped from a lower holding tank up to the main sewer in
the road? A bit like an enormous macerator I suppose.

I'm contemplating buying a house with such a beast (make / model / age
unknown as yet).

AWEM

Obviously decent sewage pumps work..the main problem with a saniflo s
not the pump, but the macerator. It isn't powerful enough for everything
you can throw at it.

If you have the land space and suitable water tables installing your own
sewage unit - like a biodigester - is possible as well. I have one and I
get a water rebate, and it only needs emptying every few years and cost
about 6 grand to put in..happy to simply dump its outflow into a
ditch..no smells at all.