Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default Warmed engine dies on snowblower

On 12 Feb 2007 14:22:54 -0800, "
wrote:

Thank you for the information. I will try the easy things tonight.
It *could* very well be just bad gas...who knows. The gas I used was
from the summer. I always thought that it was a myth, but it might
actually have something to do with it.

Now that I think about it, I have a Ryobi weed whacker/edger as well.
I remember, the last time I used it, it would die when the engine was
warm. It's also a 2-cycle engine, so I used the same gas in there.

So now that I have about 1 gallon of gas left that could be "bad",
what do I do with it? I hate just 'dumping it out', but just don't
know how to dispose of it properly.

Thanks!

I have exactly the same problems with my Toro snowblower (2 stroke
1:50 mix) and my WeedWacker. They will start, run and once stopped
when hot , will not restart again until cool. I had already
dismantled the engines and cleaned up everything. It still happened.
The final anaylsis is that the fuel mixture is not correct. Too much
lube and it runs slow, weak, smoky exhaust and needs a full choke to
keep running. It also fouls the spark plug. Too little lube and the
engine runs hot, expands and seizes the cylinder. That's why it needs
to cool off first for the piston to cycle correctly.