Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Darkening wood

I would just live with it; but if that is not an option (or if the wood
isn't all that attractive anyhow) I would go over it with Minwax Polyshades.
It is like a thin paint; goes over well, but hints at wood underneath.
"news-server.cfl.rr.com" wrote in message
My new fish tank stand and hood finally arrived from China after a 3 month
wait, and although they're beautifully finished, the color is a few shades
lighter than I really wanted. I don't know what kind of wood it's made
of - some Oriental hardwood I suppose - the color is called Natural Cherry
and it looks like a Minwax finish to me. Is there any way to darken the
color without refinishing - hopefully something I could wipe or brush over
the existing finish?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

JustDave