Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.consumers,sci.chem
alexander.keys1 alexander.keys1 is offline

Default Oxygen Bleach

Can you still get 'oxygen bleach', and where from?

(This is a substance based on hydrogen peroxide, as opposed to the
usual sodium hypochlorite).

I've not seen it in the shops for a year or two, and a local
janitorial supplier hasn't heard of it, although bleach tends not to
be used for commercial cleaning IME.

I need it for cleaning my flat (actually a Housing Association bedsit
with shared laundry and bathroom), I don't use the normal stuff at
home because if it gets onto clothes it damages them, but for a lot of
cleaning jobs you can't beat bleach. I recently cured a bad smell in a
cleaning cupboard at work, by getting some bleach from the nearby
supermarket and putting it down the sink. Got all the stains out of
the porcelain too, which the approved chemicals wouldn't shift.