Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Which Home alarm system?

In article , Dorothy
Bradbury writes

The benefit of Gardtec CP8L is the LCD "english" control panel at
less than half the price of Texecom Excel - so good value right now.

The CP8L is somewhat simpler to install than the higher end.
I think Gardtec even list the pinout for a Texecom SCB in the installation
guide,
which is what I will be using with one. Not had chance to check it is
correct.

Thanks for that, I have used the Scantronic 7651 (*1) with good results
which is a straightforward install with similar features but has the benefit of:
o EOL tamper option so you know which zone has a fault
o A good sized remote steel case so plenty of room for wiring and a big
battery
o Full alpha (dot matrix) LCD without a door (nothing to break)

Available from CPC at a similar price to the CP8L.

While we're sharing, I also rate:
o Texecom Impaq Plus shock sensors
o Vanguard Kudos bell boxes (*2), silk screened for that non-DIY look
o Lynteck Midas bell boxes where small and discrete is required
o Elmdene internal sounders, sooo loud, sooo cheap

All from CPC
(*1) Not ID'd as the 7651 at CPC, described as '8-Zone Metal Alarm Panel
with LCD Keypad'
(*2) Well hidden at CPC just described as 'Bell Boxes', Kudos is 9 sided
shape.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla