Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Any tricks for getting "contractor" discount on supplies

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:06:22 -0800, "Nathan" wrote:

Actually I am an engineer...you know the anal retentive type that likes to
over-engineer things to make future enhancements easier. Didn't I say that
I was an engineer in the original post? I was tired and a bit grumpy when I
wrote that first post.

I get a bit ticked off whenever I have to fix anything in the house, it
seems like the builder cut every corner imaginable...I am surprised the
house passed inspections.

That's because you think the building code requires something it
doesn't. Mostly, a house just has to not be actually dangerous.
Since yours hasn't killed anyone, it's probably ok.

I'll wager the building inspector was getting his
palm greased by the builder to look the other way. I have to change out
much more then I should to be able to fix/upgrade anything. Houses should
be built to be easily maintained in the future. I mapped out a schematic of
the house and all the electrical circuits...1/3 of the house is on one
circuit. There is no room to add any extra outlets and still be safe.
Every room should be on an individual circuit. One room can have 3
different circuits in it...that is very bad engineering.

There is, in the US, no upper limit on the number of receptacles
you can have one one circut. There is a lower limit
on the number of available amps you can have in a room, but
that's something trivial like 3 watts/sqft.

Why should circuts and rooms correspond? It makes
far more sense to me to have WALLS and circuts
correspond.

gees, just assume the worst because someone has a bad perspective and a
stereotype of a group of people...HAHAHA

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Nathan" wrote in message
HAHAHA successful trolling!

What do you do for a living? It must be something embarrassing. I've asked
twice and you refuse to answer. Are you on permanent disability because
you got scared by a hornet when you were 8 years old?