Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Warmed engine dies on snowblower

On 12 Feb 2007 10:39:31 -0800, "
wrote:

Hi!

I have a Sears Snowblower that is a Sears Craftsman "3/20". I'm
not sure how old it is, but I found a picture of it here...

http://detroit.craigslist.org/tls/276437292.html

My problem with it is that it starts up fine, and it runs fine, up
until about 30 minutes into snowblowing. At this point, the engine
then dies out. I try to start it again, no luck. So, I prime it once
or twice, pull the rope, and it starts back up again. But as soon as
I let it go into some snow, it dies again.

Just wondering if anybody had any ideas. I *THINK* that it might
be a choke problem, but don't know for sure. I use it with the choke
3/4's of the way closed. If I flip the choke all the way to "Off",
the engine dies out. But if I leave it one notch above "Off", it
works fine...well, up until the 30 minute mark.

Thanks!

If this is the 2 stroke Tecumseh then I have the same snow blower.

If so your snow blower is running lean. Do you have to much oil in the
mixture? Does it need a tune up?

Mine is quite a bit older than yours and still works. I had the same
exact problem with it a few years ago and it ended up just being bad
gas. This snow blower is very finicky about gas. Make sure you have
the proper mixture and use fresh gas every year. If you have the
manual
use the directions to tune the carburetor with a proper fresh mix of
gas.