Posted to alt.home.repair
avid_hiker avid_hiker is offline

Default Warmed engine dies on snowblower

On Feb 12, 1:39 pm, " wrote:
Hi!

I have a Sears Snowblower that is a Sears Craftsman "3/20". I'm
not sure how old it is, but I found a picture of it here...

http://detroit.craigslist.org/tls/276437292.html

My problem with it is that it starts up fine, and it runs fine, up
until about 30 minutes into snowblowing. At this point, the engine
then dies out. I try to start it again, no luck. So, I prime it once
or twice, pull the rope, and it starts back up again. But as soon as
I let it go into some snow, it dies again.

Just wondering if anybody had any ideas. I *THINK* that it might
be a choke problem, but don't know for sure. I use it with the choke
3/4's of the way closed. If I flip the choke all the way to "Off",
the engine dies out. But if I leave it one notch above "Off", it
works fine...well, up until the 30 minute mark.

Thanks!

agree...air filter or pin hole in gas cap is most likely cause. Heres
a site for craftman small engine help.........

http://zekfrivolous.com/faq/sam/lmfaq.htm