Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] barry@sme-online.com is offline

Default Warmed engine dies on snowblower

On Feb 12, 1:39 pm, " wrote:
Hi!

I have a Sears Snowblower that is a Sears Craftsman "3/20". I'm
not sure how old it is, but I found a picture of it here...

http://detroit.craigslist.org/tls/276437292.html

My problem with it is that it starts up fine, and it runs fine, up
until about 30 minutes into snowblowing. At this point, the engine
then dies out. I try to start it again, no luck. So, I prime it once
or twice, pull the rope, and it starts back up again. But as soon as
I let it go into some snow, it dies again.

Just wondering if anybody had any ideas. I *THINK* that it might
be a choke problem, but don't know for sure. I use it with the choke
3/4's of the way closed. If I flip the choke all the way to "Off",
the engine dies out. But if I leave it one notch above "Off", it
works fine...well, up until the 30 minute mark.

Thanks!

If you're running it with the choke on, there's a problem. Not a choke
problem, but mostlikely a main mixture problem. If there's a proper
level of fuel in the float bowl, quite possibly there's some sort of
crud
restricting the main jet, which is adjustable, typically, under center
of
float bowl. "Exercise" the adjusting screw. Open it up some (back it
out) until you don't need choke to run engine. "Exercise" and adjust
a/r until it stabilizes. Or, just pull the main jet body and clean it
and the tapered needle. Very gently.

HTH,