Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Any tricks for getting "contractor" discount on supplies

In article , "Nathan" wrote:

I never said that you guys should be living in the poorhouse. But I know
most contractors have good times and bad times, there is never a steady flow
of work. I have had to hire people to fix things before. I once paid some
plumber $1000 for a job that he finished in a hour and only paid $50 for
parts. That gives him a wage of $950 an hour. Add in his time to drive
there and the next job, that still puts his wage at $500 an hour. One job
like that a week and that guy is set.

"Set"? On a gross income of $52K per year? Upper thirties, at best, after
taxes and expenses... and you think that's "set"??

I don't believe you're an engineer. I think you might be a college kid
studying engineering, putting yourself through school by working part-time at
Starbucks. I can see where a naive college kid might imagine that a gross
income of a thousand dollars a week is a lot of money -- but anyone really
employed full-time as a professional would never make that mistake.

--
Regards,