Posted to alt.home.repair
Nathan Nathan is offline

Default Any tricks for getting "contractor" discount on supplies

Joe,

I never said that you guys should be living in the poorhouse. But I know
most contractors have good times and bad times, there is never a steady flow
of work. I have had to hire people to fix things before. I once paid some
plumber $1000 for a job that he finished in a hour and only paid $50 for
parts. That gives him a wage of $950 an hour. Add in his time to drive
there and the next job, that still puts his wage at $500 an hour. One job
like that a week and that guy is set.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Nathan" wrote in message
Actually I am an engineer...you know the anal retentive type that likes
to over-engineer things to make future enhancements easier. Didn't I say
that I was an engineer in the original post? I was tired and a bit
grumpy when I wrote that first post.

OK. An engineer. If you make more than $24,538.92 per year, I think your
profit margin is too high. I know it's an arbitrary number, but what the
hell? This whole thread's about arbitrary numbers, right?

RIGHT?