Udie

Default Dave Munroe ripped me off!! - follow up

Actually, postal codes with zeros do not always denote general delivery!
Mine is like that, and there are rural Green Boxes for most people. In the
case of the Green Boxes, the house address is tied to the box. The box
clusters are a few hundred feet apart. Anything sent to my house address,
goes to my nearby box. The actual box number is not part of my address.

Steve R.

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
Hey Regis,

You have not stated "where" you sent the money. Hiawatha is not the
best known place in Ontario, but Canada Post would have found the
closest place with a name like that to the postal code you used.
Microsoft Streets & Trips gives three suggestions, all in the
Peterborough to Ottawa area. Do you have the actual postal code (ZIP)
for the as mailed address? For instance, I recently lived in an area
of Windsor called Forest Glade. If you had written to me with that
local colloquial name as the "city", it would not have gotten to me
unless the postal code was given too. One thing to note though, that
if any postal code in Canada has a "0" (numeral zero, not the alphabet
letter 'oh') as the second and last digit, it is a "general delivery"
type code. Mine is N0P 1C0, and means I have to actually go to the
local post office to pick up my mail, as there is no delivery service
here in this town.

Too late, but take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.