Posted to alt.home.repair
Nathan Nathan is offline

Default Any tricks for getting "contractor" discount on supplies

The reason that I had an attitude from the beginning was that I read posts
from contractors that seemed to have big chips on their shoulders.

What kind of loser is going to say something like they will never shop at a
store that gives their contractor discount to regular customers. What do
you care about how a company decides to do business. Perhaps those losers
like to be subsidized by the customer.

Why do some contractors make false bills and get fake receipts from supply
stores? HUH, they are looking for ways to charge their customers more
money. Just tell the truth. Bill honestly. Say that parts cost X and
labor costs Y and possibly that overhead costs Z. Then the customers can
compare the different proposals. You could also throw in one more column
that gives likely buffers for problems that shoddy workmanship created. If
you start to work and find problems that were hidden, then charge the
customer that extra amount. If there are no hidden surprises, then tell the
customers that they will get a discount. I think people would like that.

"Hugh Glass" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:06:22 -0800, "Nathan" wrote:

Actually I am an engineer...you know the anal retentive type that likes to
over-engineer things to make future enhancements easier.

AH HAH!
There it is. The answer to your question!
You suppose you had a hard time getting someone because you already
knew how to do it better?

I get a bit ticked off whenever I have to fix anything in the house, it
seems like the builder cut every corner imaginable...

Is this a new home in a subdivsion? A tract home perhaps?
Sorry your posts were too long winded. It was obvious you had an
atttude from the beginning.

I am surprised the
house passed inspections. I'll wager the building inspector was getting
his
palm greased by the builder to look the other way. I have to change out
much more then I should to be able to fix/upgrade anything. Houses should
be built to be easily maintained in the future. I mapped out a schematic
of
the house and all the electrical circuits...1/3 of the house is on one
circuit. There is no room to add any extra outlets and still be safe.
Every room should be on an individual circuit. One room can have 3
different circuits in it...that is very bad engineering.

There you go!
Become builder/contractor. With your enginerring skills, background &
knowlege you could make a fortune.

gees, just assume the worst because someone has a bad perspective and a
stereotype of a group of people...HAHAHA

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Nathan" wrote in message
HAHAHA successful trolling!

What do you do for a living? It must be something embarrassing. I've
asked
twice and you refuse to answer. Are you on permanent disability because
you got scared by a hornet when you were 8 years old?