clare @ snyder.on .ca

Default Dave Munroe ripped me off!!

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:33:38 -0500, "Bill Darby"
wrote:

"Regis" wrote in message
. com...
A guy named Dave Munroe of Hiawatha, Canada ripped me off. He
advertised a 7 x 10 lathe on this news group for $175. I sent the
money almost 4 weeks ago and the lathe has never showed up. He claims
to be from Hiawatha, Ontario, Canada. He won't return my emails or my
calls. BEWARE OF THIS GUY! Scum like him screw home machinist out of
their hard earned money. If anyone know this guy please drop me an
e-mail. I have his phone numbers and I am tempted to publish them
here soon.
Regis

DOES NOT LOOK GOOD I picked this up on a Google search of groups. Just
sorry he is one of ours!!! Note the date 06 10 2003. If only a guy had
known!

Bill D

Paudash is a largely Native community in the Keene / Rice lake area.
South East of Peterborough. I believe the amalgamated community in
that area is now known as Hiawatha. Serpent Mounds park is part of the
"islands of the trent" first nation community, as it is also known.

Search result 1 for your query Dave Munroe

From: Radiosam )
Subject: Dave Munroe Scammer of Ontario Canada back at it!!!

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.radio.swap, rec.radio.scanner, rec.radio.cb
Date: 2003-06-10 22:45:31 PST

(Radiosam) wrote in message
.com...
If your contacted by this guy or see a post from
" or " don't
deal with him!!! He had a low profile for a while, but he's back at
the scamming.

Most Current info is:

Dave Munroe (doubt if that's real)
220 Paudash Road (doesn't show up on Yahoo Maps)
Hiawatha, Ontario, Canada K0L-2G0 (Again, the city of Hiawatha
doesn't show on Yahoo, and this is a new city compared to his old city
of Keene)
Cell phone (yeah right) is 705-313-1518

Mail is beginning to bounce to the lower case
. My most recent email from him was dated
in mid-May in which he claimed that the mail is slow.

He currently has several ID's still active on Ebay of "leanna2000",
"-pokey-", "Quake99" and "Invest7". All have 0 feedback's but ebay
only goes back 30 days for history now. So information is skimpy.

Repost of old info, but it might help to put it into this thread.

A serious warning about Dave Munroe, Internet scammer, living in
Keene, Ontario, Canada. In addition to Internet and eBay theft, he's
now added mail fraud to the list. He sends letters of payment,
supposedly with cash payments, but there's nothing in the envelope
except the actual letter. A police officer he scammed opened one of
these in front of Postal Employees, mail fraud charges are being
filed.

If you have ordered anything and sent payment to one of these two
addresses, you've been scammed:

Dave Munroe Alternate Address:
R.R. #2 Keene 220 Paudash Road
Ontario, Canada Keene, Ontario Canada
K0L2G0 K0L2G0
(705) 295-4688 (705) 295-4612

He has also used a Peterborough address and several alias names for
eBay auction site bidding, where he "bids up" his own merchandise,
receives payment, and sends nothing. Two people so far have lost over
$100 each on eBay purchases, several others are possible victims. The
eBay site management has been notified of his aliases and activities,
but he uses falsified user information to avoid capture.

17 verified incidents of Internet and eBay auction theft are known so
far, and more possible... we're waiting for email from several more.

This guy advertises for sale or trade of computer, ham radio,
electronic, and camping gear. He NEVER sends his agreed part of
transaction, money or goods, and after the shipment arrives, he never
answers e-mails and the phone number is never answered (used to be a
BBS line he ran).

In August, he has scammed a half-dozen people for hard drives and
modems. In addition, he's recently been advertising Asus motherboards
and a Cyrix mini-tower system in non-forsale newsgroups, since
warnings have been issued in all for-sale areas.

He has used these aliases for email, auction sites, and Internet
theft:

If you are doing ANY business with someone in the Keene/Peterborough
area of Ontario, BE SURE you have good contact info with your party...
contact both work and home phones and addresses, etc. This guy seems
to have a few available phone numbers, and at least 3 mailing/shipping
addresses.

If you've been involved in a fraudulent sale with Dave Munroe, please
contact
or Rick Park at
. Complaints have been filed with the Canadian
authorities, and various Internet authorities and email providersSee
this message in context.