Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Williams Tony Williams is offline

Default Pumped sewage

In article ,
Andrew Mawson wrote:
Anyone any experience of a domestic pumped sewage systems where
the "effluent" is pumped from a lower holding tank up to the main
sewer in the road? A bit like an enormous macerator I suppose.

No personal experience but I know a cottage up
the top that has one. It is relatively trouble
free but if something does break down, (or a
power cut lasting a few days), then it is panic
stations in case the holding tank overflows.

We used to be on a septic tank and (imo) if you
have any sort of private sewerage system then you
are almost certain to end up diy'ing the regular
maintainance and various repairs. No great problem
but, (like exhausts on cars), they always seem to
need working on in the depths of winter.

--
Tony Williams.