Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Which Home alarm system?

On 12 Feb 2007 06:02:32 -0800, "
mused:

The CPX isn't as bad, but I would still not recommend anything other
than a Texecom for
DIY as GardTec is trade only

There seems to be quite a few bits available from RS.

You snipped the bit where I said "(mainly, odd bits do get sold to all
and sundry".

Texecom is far more widely available than GardTec, and coupled with
the other advantages then GardTec is somewhere off the bottom of the
list. I fit loads of GardTec kit and I don't even recommend it too
highly to fellow security engineers. I would never recommend it to a
DIYer, apart from a maybe the CP8 and CPX to a pretty competent DIYer,
but even then I'd still recommend the Texecom if there were no reason
to offer the GardTec specifically.
--
Regards,
Stuart.