Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] stuart.whitchurch@googlemail.com is offline

Default Which Home alarm system?

On Feb 8, 7:13 pm, "Willi" wrote:
I was looking into having an intruder alarm system fitted at home. We live
in a 4 bed detached, 2 doors to the outside, 1 door into the attached garage
& a patio door. I was thinking of getting all the downstairs covered & the
upstairs landing.

Not an unusual specification.

I would like to be able to set the downstairs from
upstairs (when we are all in/go to bed).

Easily done with a keypad on the landing\in the bedroom or with remote
fobs.

I would like to be contacted to my
mobile phone if it goes off.

You can either get a panel that will do this or an add on dialler.
Either can have
options for SMS, voice or email

Presuming this can all be achieved ok, I was
looking at using the Pyronix Stirling 10. Does anyone have any experience
of these?

Sterling 10 - one of the worst panels ever built. Avoid it at all
costs. Also avoid
any wireless kit from B&Q, or pretty much any alarm panel from B&Q.

or can recommended any others?

Anything else really. Texecom Veritas and Texecom Speech and Text
Dialler
would be a good start, easy to follow instructions included!

For a reasonable wireless system (if you have to go wireless, wired is
the
preferred option) look at the Visonic Powermax.