Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Testing a Carbon Monoxide Alarm

On 11 Feb 2007 13:40:22 -0800, "The Reverend Natural Light"
wrote:

The instructions on mine mentioned using a candle or a cigarette. The
level won't trigger the alarm but it will display on the readout.
There is actually a warning to properly extinguish the cigrarette
after the test or it might burn you. Duh.

-rev

If I turn on my gas logs without opening the fireplace damper, the CO
alarm will sound.

On Feb 11, 3:59 pm, "Freckles" wrote:
How does one go about checking a carbon monoxide alarm to see if it will
sound when carbon monoxide levels are dangerous?

If I placed my alarm on the ground under my cars exhaust when my car is in
idle, would that be an acceptable test?

Thanks,

Don

--