James Watt

Default Dave Munroe ripped me off!!

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 01:34:44 GMT, "JTMcC"
wrote:

"Jimbo" . wrote in message
JTMcC:

I think your assumption that terrorists are no threat to Canada is wrong

and
my reasons for thinking that are as follows.

Canada supplies the U.S.A. with far more oil/gas than all other countries
combined including Saudi Arabia. We also have an inter connected
hydroelectric and water grid that makes both our countries extremely
interdependent. Our mutual border includes many major bridges and

tunnels
that if they where attacked would cripple both our economies. We are

your
largest trading partner by far and that makes your security and ours a
mutual concern. Any terrorist with a brain knows what I have just said

is

Maybe, but I haven't seen yet a terrorist decry Canada, for any of the
reasons above. They decry, and hate the U.S. I haven't seen them burn the
Canadian flag on the nightly news, or as was already said, pronounce Canada
as "the great satan". I haven't seen them burn the Canadian leadersip in
effigee. And I really haven't seen the news footage of terrorists crashing
airliners into Canadian buildings.

You're right there. Who would want to do anything Canada? We don't
get involved except in a peace-keeping way, and while our government
is offensive, it's only to its citizens.

We simply don't have the troops to be everywhere. As for burning the
Canadian flag I think the US was only one burning the Cdn flag -
wasn't there an incident last year about it? Or was it booing the
Canadian anthem at a hockey game? Can't quite recall but I do recall
it was rather rude and uncivilized.

true and that my friend means we all have to be vigilant, doesn't it?

Or be more aware of the world? Change your foreign policy to be less,
um, what's the word I'm looking for .... can't quite think of it right
now.

You also have to take in to consideration that we have over 2000 troops in
Afganistan fighting the war on terrorism and that means the terrorist

don't
really like us either. I personally wish we had a bigger military force

but
I'm very proud of the extremely well trained professional men and women we
have stationed over there.

As am I, good for those guys. But the U.S. is the focus of radical muslim
hatred, not Canada. So I don't think it is beyond the pale that entrance
into the U.S. might take a little longer, be you a human or be you a crate.
And if you think, as one poster does, that U.S. customs equates to 1930's
and 40's nazi's (and I'm pretty sure you don't), then you need to go back
and re read your 20th century history. The Canadians were also there when we
beat down the nazi's, and I'm glad for that too!.

To be accurate, I think the correct phrase is that the Americans
joined Canada, Britain and many others in WW2. The war had been going
on for a while when the US joined in. Having the US in there with so
many troops really turned the war around.

James.

regards,
JTMcC.

Jimbo

"JTMcC" wrote in message

"James Watt" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:46:53 GMT, "JTMcC"
wrote:

"jtaylor" wrote in message

Regis wrote in message
om...
A guy named Dave Munroe of Hiawatha, Canada ripped me off. He
advertised a 7 x 10 lathe on this news group for $175. I sent

the
money almost 4 weeks ago and the lathe has never showed up. He
claims
to be from Hiawatha, Ontario, Canada. He won't return my emails

or
my
calls. BEWARE OF THIS GUY! Scum like him screw home machinist

out
of
their hard earned money. If anyone know this guy please drop me

an
e-mail. I have his phone numbers and I am tempted to publish

them
here soon.

I had a fellow mail me a oboe from maine, only about 600 miles

away,
but
across the border.

Canada Customs are nowhere near as paranoid as US border nutzis.

That might be because the terrorists would most likely be traveling

from
Canada to the U.S., not the other way around. Surely you are not this
clueless?

Terrorists are now smuggling lathes? Either you're clueless or you
think US customs are. I'd be putting my money on customs - they have
to follow policy.....

Enough already. Not to to start another flame war, but the US killed
more since the WTC than were killed in the WTC, and let's not even
discuss what secret things the US govt has done to increase
instability in certain parts of the world. This whole media-centric
fearmongering causing mass paranoia and over-the-top "security" that
does very little to secure people has gone on too long and is getting
a little tired.

As for terriorists coming from Canada, that has not been shown to be
accurate, it's only a media trying to redirect focus from the real
problem - US foreign policy. Here in Canuck-ville we have a similar
dictatorship to the US. Every 5 years or so we elect a different
dictator. Given the Canadian dollar, however, even our most wealthy
can't buy a Prime Minister-ship.

James.

The fact is James, there is a threat to the U.S. and there is no threat

Canada.
Therefor it is reasonable that getting into the U.S. from a foriegn

country
(be you a human or a crate) requires a little more time and trouble.

It's
that simple.

JTMcC.

JTMcC.