Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Makita 5604R

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Anyone got any experience of this saw?

I bought one just over 12 months ago to replace a Ryobi that had failed. I
only use the saw for cutting floorboards during rewires etc and have found
it to be underpowered and easy to stall the motor. The guard for the blade
bent very early in its life and sticks open. All in all I was very
disappointed with the saw although I have used Makita everything else and
been pleased with their other tools. I think the biggest problem is it is
only 950W and I intend to replace it with the 5603R later in the year
(1100W) or maybe an even more powerfull version.

Adam