Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Medway Handy Van

Weatherlawyer wrote:

And now that the contents have been analysed by half a dozen local tea
leaves you might consider the weight that your tools add to the daily
grind.

I worked out that my kit costs something in the range of 100Kgms, so
does yours by the look of it. If you could work out what you need for
the jobs you will be dooing that day you could save a bi more on fuel
and a lot more in security.

I did that for nearly a year. Constsntly found I didn't have the right kit
for the job. That's why I went for the van.

The security aspect is something I've given a bit of thought to. The van
has dedlocks on all three doors & an alarm - the sort that detects motion.
It's backed onto my gravel drive every night under the security light.

That's why I want the wire rope locks, to go through the handles of the
power tool cases.

So, if they sneak up the drive without crunching, evade the light, jemmy
open the doors, defeat the alarm - they have another obstacle.

I realise I can't make it 100% secure, but I want to make it as difficult as
possible.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman