Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Medway Handy Van

On Feb 11, 9:32 am, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:
On Sun, 11 Feb2007 09:10:08 GMT, "Stephen Dawson"

wrote:

|!|!"kontiki" wrote in message

oups.com...
|! On 10 Feb, 23:25, "Stephen Dawson" wrote:
|! "Guy King" wrote in message
|!
.. .
|!
|! The message
|! from "The Medway Handyman" contains
|! these words:
|!
|! Someone asked for photos of the racking, so here they are;
|! http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../Handy%20Van/?...
|!
|! What happened about that bloke who was trying to trade on your name?
|!
|! --
|! Skipweasel
|! Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
|!
|! Looks good dave, nice to see the graphics turn out sharp.
|!
|! --
|! Regards
|!
|! Steve Dawson
|!
|! Dont know too much 'bout this but is it illegal/silly not to
|! have a partition/ mesh between driver compartment and rest of the van?
|! might get the ol'e circ saw across the back of the head upon sudden
|! braking?
|!
|!
|!I don't know wheter it is law or not, but we have full bulkheads in our vans
|!just in case

There is a law about fitting luggage restraint loops in estate cars and the
like. We carry a 13kg bottle of LPG in the back of our estate, *well*
secured with luggage straps. It would be difficult to secure all heavy
tools etc. in the back of a van with straps.
---
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
20,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg!http://www.gutenberg.org
For Yorkshire Dialect go towww.hyphenologist.co.uk/songs/
also PG Nos 2888, 3232, 17472, 17799

You should have a mesh between you and the tools just as a security
precaution. I would suggest another padlocked inside the back door(s)
too as vehicle doors are notoriously susceptible to thieves.

If I lived anywhere near a region where thieves smash and grab, I'd
fit them on the windows too.

Road mattress mesh is light, large and strong I don't know how cheap
though. It hinders viewing very little and can be easily fitted after
painting some neutral colour.