Posted to alt.home.repair
Dean Dean is offline

Default Any tricks for getting "contractor" discount on supplies

On Feb 10, 12:28 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Dean" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Feb 10, 11:43 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Dean" wrote in message

roups.com...

On Feb 10, 11:00 am, "Sacramento Dave" wrote:
I love people like you, You have the balls to tell it like it is, You
nail
up one stud so you can build the whole house. Why you should be a
contractor
there's nothing to it, Just pick up a phone book look how many rich
contractors there are. But before you buy those magnetic stick on's.
Factor
this in Overhead. Insurance, Workman's Comp., Bidding work that you
never
get, not getting paid, People beating you to death, People Bitching
about
every extra ( Bet you no that one) Sitting home because work just
doesn't
jump threw the phone. Bidding work that you never get, trying to find
good
employees, employees that even no what a 40 hour week is, Bidding work
that
you never get, Trying to keep your good employees when you have no
work.
could go on & on & on In my seven years of contracting I never cheated
anyone had very few problems with customers, Most the time I ended up
doing
more jobs for them. But the bottom line it's about the most competive
cut
throat buesiness out there.

You said "bidding work You never get" 3 times,,Yer not gonna charge
triple for that are Ya?!?! LOL,,,just kidding,,I do some subbing
Myself and get what Ya mean..
I believe that some Folks are on this group to both help and be
helped,,including Contractors that freely give advice in good faith
and realizing the possibility They may be losing some work for
Themselves and Others in the Proffession..I guess They fall in the
"Goodguy" catagory..
My philosophy is to trust people,,,I trust them to do exactly what
people do,,,it ai'nt always nice these things They do but fore-warned
and fore-armed pretty-much works everywhere and all day too..
I can see this thread gettin reeeeaaaal interesting..
Dean
Dean

Speaking of funny writing:

" ...including Contractors that freely give advice in good faith and
realizing the possibility They may be losing some work for Themselves and
Others in the Proffession..I guess They fall in the "Goodguy" catagory.."

No need to capitalize contractors, themselves, others, profession or
goodguy, unless you had the grammar confused with German.- Hide quoted
text -

I guess Yer just not in the mood to be agreed(or joked) with so I'm
gonna go slap some mud on the wall and have a GOOD day instead..LOL.
Do genetics affect spelling?I am about 1/2 German..*grin*
Dean

Well, I was just razzing you, because you noticed that the other guy
repeated repeated repeated himSelf 3 times. :-) Now, I'm going cross country
skiing and pretending I like it because the GF won't stop nagging me unless
I go.- Hide quoted text -

LOL,,ok,,I like it here again..Whoever said "this group rocks" hit
it right on the money..