Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Medway Handy Van

Someone asked for photos of the racking, so here they are;
http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...1171126789.pbw

The vertical shelf unit holding the flat boxes is a temporary botch up from
scrap ply - wanted to make sure it was practical. I will make a proper one
when I have time. My folding step stool & folding ladder live behind it.

The shelf unit going across the van holds power tools underneath and four
IKEA plastic bins on top. These hold stuff like Gripfil, silicone etc,
plumbing fittings, electrical accessories. The black bins to the left have
very light stuff in - washers, 'O' rings, ball valve kits etc.

Bit of a pain getting the ladder out and sometimes the power tools in the
right of the rack; it holds SDS Drill, router, planer, circ saw, cordless
nailer. I may replace my circ saw soon - hopefully for one in a smaller
case.

All seems to work OK so far, but any suggestions welcome.

Well pleased with the van, Renault Kangoo. 1461cc direct rail diesel. Much
quicker that I imagined it would be, very comfy & appears to run on fresh
air. I put £25 in last Saturday & still have a third of it left.

I'm really pleased I spent the extra on the sign writing. Got it done late
Monday afternoon, had 1 job & 2 enquiries so far.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman