Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default carbon monoxide alarm

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
Do I DARE ask how you generated CO "cooking" on an electric stove?
I put quotes around the cooking word because I can't imagine any serious
cooking going on with an electric stove. But, that's another group.

I guess I burned something. Don't know. I had the digital CO detector
right in the basement close to the furnace and the water heater for months
and the "peak" was always "000".

Had it on the first floor for a week and the "peak" was "010." Not really
high enough to be of any concern but makes for a good story!

I think I was able to get a higher reading by burning incense near the
detector. The problem, of course, is that the things response quite slowly
because they use a complicated organic molecule (the "reacts" like a blood
component) to do the actual detection.