Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default carbon monoxide alarm

Do I DARE ask how you generated CO "cooking" on an electric stove?
I put quotes around the cooking word because I can't imagine any serious
cooking going on with an electric stove. But, that's another group.

--
Steve Barker

"John Gilmer" wrote in message
If you took high school chemistry, the answer should be obvious.

CO is somewhat lighter than pure O2 (the ratio of 28/32 but it's not THAT
much lighter. CO2 which "settles" is heavier than O2 by the ratio 44/32.

I have always preferred the digital CO detector. Some perfectly normal
activities will generate enough CO to put the digital models off zero.
(In
our case it was cooking on electric stove.) A non-zero reading "for
cause"
is a confidence builder: you know it's doing something other that flashing
every 3 minutes.