Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers
SMS SMS is offline

Default Maytag / Jenn-Air Dishwasher Recall

Alan wrote:

Multiply $75 by 2,300,000 and, suddenly, the cost to Maytag
doesn't seem that small, does it???

It becomes $712,500,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you have a math problem! That $75 is not real money. For it to
be $712,500,000, every person with the coupon would have to have been
buying a Maytag dishwasher even without the $75 off. The coupon offer
saved Maytag a great deal of money because you had to opt out of the
free repair.

Speaking of the repair, Sears, which owns A&E Factory Service, called me
this morning, since they were supposed to come out and to the repair
today. They asked if I had the part. Come again? Well Maytag apparently
is sending out the parts individually to each appliance owner, rather
than just shipping a truckload of them to the repair companies. Of
course I hadn't received the part (a new wiring harness, and probably
some seals or gaskets), so no repair today.