Posted to alt.home.repair

Default carbon monoxide alarm

On Feb 9, 4:36�pm, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 13:19:18 -0800, Oren wrote:
I was racking my head trying to remember what was said about these
device failures (sensor element?).

This may have been it.

"GE Security Carbon Monoxide Alarms. *The problem is they fail to
detect carbon monoxide after one year of operation due to an internal
software error. And there's no "end of life" signal or other
indication that there's a problem.

Several security system companies sold these alarms from for about
$49. If you have one, contact the installer or service provider to
arrange for a replacement. Here's GE Security's phone number:
800-648-7422. "

--
Oren

Your better off buying 2 different manufacturers units one in each
sleeping area or level.

At least one should be not just a alarm but a digital readout of
level, thats highly useful/

I too was involved in a incident got really sick.

The hot water tanks chimney flue cap cracked, water got in between
chimney structure and ceramic liner, it broke fell in clogged chimney.

nothing beats rountine inspection of home on a regular basis looking
for troubles BEFORE they occur!