Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default clothes dryer not hot

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:58:32 -0500, "badgolferman"
wrote:

badgolferman, 2/9/2007,2:32:57 PM, wrote:

badgolferman, 2/9/2007,2:27:16 PM, wrote:

RBM, 2/9/2007,11:43:59 AM, wrote:

On the three posts , if you connect a volt meter across the two
outer posts, do you get 240 volts?

No, there is not. But there is 120 VAC to chassis ground from each
post when running and 15 VAC when not. What does that tell you?

Also the heat type selector switch toggles between 0 ohms, 33 ohms,
and infinity.

I messed around with all the wires on the switch panel. I took them
off and put them back on again. The dryer HAS started to work again.

For the first 10 or 20 years of my repair "career", starting about age
8, that's mostly what I did. Take something apart and put it back
together and it works. I never knew why in most cases.

I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it was just corroded contacts.
Thanks for the help you all gave.