Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiring Electrical outlet

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:03:41 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi everyone. When we built our house I had the electrician run a wire
down to the basement so we could tap into it to finish the basement.
We finished the basement, but ran a new line. So now in the storage
area I have a 12/2 wire hooked into a 20 amp breaker not being used.
My question - can I simply wire an outlet to this wire?

Yes. Turn off the breaker, though, and double check with a meter or test
light to be sure it's really off. This assumes you don't want to be a
human
light bulb.

I always test both before and after turning off the breaker. That way
tests the tester too.
--
Mark Lloyd

Good idea. The tester could have a virus.

*** JUST KIDDING! *** :-)