Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Honeywell Thermostat: "Change Filter" Msg. Question

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 09:37:21 -0500, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello,

Have a gas fired, hot air furnace.

Last year they put in on of these really fancy, 7 day programmable Honeywell
thermostats for it.
Works fine.

Every month or so, I replace the filter.

The thermostat has just come up with a message to change the filter.

Am I correcdt that this message is based purely on time elapsed, and that I
never "reset" it at the
time I changed the filter (don't know how to) ?

In other words, it really does Not monitor the filter's condition at all,
just elapsed time ?

Right ?

Thanks,
B.

I have one of those thermostats. It's just a timer.

I ignore that message, and clean the filter (I use a washable filter)
on the first of every month, as before.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com