Posted to rec.woodworking
Wilson Wilson is offline

Default Compressor motor on ts

I have a "compressor motor" that turns the wrong way and is not reversible.
If your motor turns, or can be made to turn, the right way, go for it. I
expect most Grainger motors are reversible.
Most TS motors are 3600 RPM, I think, and the compressor motor is likely
1800, so you'll need a pulley with twice the diameter of the original.
Wilson
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message
newsdZyh.4768$6P4.4158@trnddc06...
What happens if you mount a compressor motor on a table saw?
I have a salvaged 2 hp compressor motor from an old compressor. The motor
is not as old as the compressor was. It is a Granger replacement..

You get high pressure sawdust blowing all over the place.

What is important is power, frame size (that determines shaft size),
voltage, rpm and rotation. It they are all the same or can be made the
same, it is compatible. Motors are usually made to certain
specifications, not a single use (although they do exist)