Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ben Ben is offline

Default Accoustic lagging of a cold water pipe

I'll try that. I notice that the pipe in question runs down through my
airing cupboard, then through the wall into the bathroom, along the
floor (behind the bath) and then down to the next floor. I need to
somehow damp the pipe along its length as well I suspect - I've found
some companies selling "damping tape", I may try it, but I don't know
how effective it is as surely it can't have a mass anywhere near that
of the pipe...?

On 8 Feb, 19:02, Chris Hodges wrote:
Ben wrote:
Unfortunately I suspect I can't hermetically seal the door to my
airing cupboard :-)

no, but even foam druaght excluder might help quite a bit. Rubber
underlay is quite good for absorbing noise if you do want to line the
walls/door, it cut doen the noise from our CH pump when I lined the
false bottom of the airing cupboard at put a pad of it between the pump
and the wall.

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with btinternet dot com