Posted to alt.home.repair
lp13-30 lp13-30 is offline

Default clothes dryer not hot

Probably the elements, but first check that you have 240 volts to them.
Obviously if you do, and they are not heating, they are bad. I doubt new
elements are terribly expensive, and replacing them can be a DIY
project. Dunno about your machine, but I worked on a GE dryer that was a
lot older than yours. The elements were behind the drum so the drum had
to be pulled out to get to them. This particular one was a major PITA
because the w&d were in a little storeroom with NO room to work,(I swear
i looked like the room was built around the machines), and it was during
the middle of summer in S.Tx. If your machine is in a place where there
is ample room to work, it shouldn't be that hard. I don't think there is
anything really tricky about the job. Go for it--worse case, you screw
it up and have to buy a new one anyway. Larry