Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default clothes dryer not hot

there's nothing to a dryer. So no real reason to replace it (at a cost of
$300 - $1000) just because it needs a $79 element. As mentioned before,
make sure you have proper electric service to the machine. Then unplug it
and start taking it apart from the back. You'll find there's about a half a
dozen parts that make up the entire machine, and you'll probably find the
element burned out. COULD be a thermostat switch, but they are easy to
check with an ohm meter.

--
Steve Barker

"badgolferman" wrote in message
My electric GE dryer doesn't seem to be using heat. It is around 17
years old as is the washer. What should I look for when I open up the
back?