Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which Home alarm system?

In article ,
"John" writes:

"Willi" wrote in message
I was looking into having an intruder alarm system fitted at home. We live
in a 4 bed detached, 2 doors to the outside, 1 door into the attached
garage & a patio door. I was thinking of getting all the downstairs
covered & the upstairs landing. I would like to be able to set the
downstairs from upstairs (when we are all in/go to bed). I would like to be
contacted to my mobile phone if it goes off. Presuming this can all be
achieved ok, I was looking at using the Pyronix Stirling 10. Does anyone
have any experience of these? or can recommended any others?
Regards, Will

I can recommend this wireless alarm http://tinyurl.com/jpmlc (link goes to
www.tlc-direct.com).

I installed one in our house about 7 months ago and it's been very good and
it's very easy to fit - except the external siren if, like me, you don't
like heights and feel very unsafe up ladders )

I would suggest defering the external sounder until you have got
familiar with the alarm and had a good period of running with no
false alarms. It only takes a couple of false alarms for your
neighbours to learn to ignore your alarm -- don't waste those on
initial teething troubles, such that you then have a significantly
less useful alarm. (By all means install the external sounder and
connect up the power so its running/diagnostic lights flash.)

--
Andrew Gabriel