Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoff Lane Geoff Lane is offline

Default Which Home alarm system?

Willi wrote:
I was looking into having an intruder alarm system fitted at home. We live
in a 4 bed detached, 2 doors to the outside, 1 door into the attached garage
& a patio door. I was thinking of getting all the downstairs covered & the
upstairs landing. I would like to be able to set the downstairs from
upstairs (when we are all in/go to bed). I would like to be contacted to my
mobile phone if it goes off. Presuming this can all be achieved ok, I was
looking at using the Pyronix Stirling 10. Does anyone have any experience
of these? or can recommended any others?
Regards, Will

A lot of the wireless solar alarms are very good and easy to instal.

I've got an older response alarm and am well please with it.

Some are single zone and others multizone so that you can protect
different areas; they all have a remote to set the system from anywhere.

Some models can phone you if an activation.

B&Q tend to have a good selection.

Geoff Lane